– Director and Board Chair
Vaughan’s executive leadership and general management career spans more than 20 years. His key strengths are in seeking practical solutions to complex problems, and defining and leading change.
He has worked with Westlake Governance since 2006, including the 2011 review of governance of the Australian Internet domain .au, and is co-developer and facilitator on several governance development programmes, presented over multiple workshops through the year.
Vaughan is a member of the Institute of Directors, and an active mentor and adviser for fast developing companies and their leaders.
Vaughan was appointed Chair of the newly-composed board of Westlake Governance Limited in 2014.
Vaughan’s current board appointments:
- The Open Polytechnic (Deputy Chair)
- Weltec (Wellington Institute of Technology) and Whitireia Polytechnic (deputy Chair)
- Business Central (President), Business Central is the entity formed by the merger of the Wellington Regional Chamber of
Commerce and EMA Central
- Business New Zealand (vice President)
- The Standards Council of New Zealand (representing Business New Zealand)
- Evitan Limited
Previous governance appointments:
- Positively Wellington Business (now Grow Wellington)
- The Employers’ and Manufacturers’ Association (Central)
- Energy Smart Limited
- Holmes Consulting Limited
- The New Zealand Army Support Management Board
Vaughan’s previous roles:
- Chief Executive South Pacific Tyres (NZ), New Zealand’s largest tyre importer and distributor
- General management roles in engineering, IT, and Sales and Marketing
- A senior strategic development role with South Pacific Tyres Australia.